Air Source Heat Pumps in Glasgow
BlueTech Energy provide Air Source Heat Pumps In Glasgow and across Scotland for clients who want an alternative heating source for the 21st century. Air source heat pumps are a great solution in comparison to traditional central heating systems as the electricity they use to run is massively less than a traditional heating system. Using an air source heat pump in Glasgow will make your property more efficient and lower costs as well as being a more environmentally friendly option too.
Air Source Heat Pump Solutions
When utilising a well designed air source heat pump you will only need one unit of electricity in order to deliver three, or even more, units of heat. The air source heat pump will provide a smaller carbon footprint and a lower heating cost. No matter if you are a private owner looking to improve your own heating situation, a landlord looking to reduce maintenance costs and improve living conditions, or a commercial property owner looking to reduce overheads, an air source heat pump in Glasgow from BlueTech Energy may be the perfect heating solution for your eco-friendly needs.
What is an Air Source Heat Pump
Whether you are looking for commercial air source heat pumps or domestic air source heat pumps, BlueTech Energy based in Glasgow can help you with the supply, installation and maintenance of your next generation heating system.
Heat pumps work by extracting heat from natural sources and displace it into areas of a higher temperature than that of the source location, either in your domestic property or commercial building. Heat pumps can be used to bring warmth to both your central heating system and hot water.
Air at any temperature above absolute zero contains some energy. An air source heat pump transfers some of this energy as heat from one place to another, for example between the outside and inside of a building. This can provide space heating and hot water. A single system can be designed to transfer heat in either direction, to heat or cool the interior of the building in winter and summer respectively.
The main components of an air source heat pump are:
- An outdoor heat exchanger coil, which extracts heat from ambient air
- An indoor heat exchanger coil, which transfers the heat into hot air ducts, an indoor heating system such as water-filled radiators or underfloor circuits and a domestic hot water tank.
Benefits Of An Air Source Heat Pump
Air Source Heat Pumps use the latest in renewable technology and grow every year in popularity in Glasgow. The low running costs and reduction in carbon emissions are popular benefits but there are other perks as well. The simplicity, self-encapsulated design, and modular design of an air source heat pump in Glasgow provide additional benefits not often thought of.
From many years of experience we know that the benefits of air source heat pumps include:
- Provide a low carbon footprint
- Air source heat pumps can alternatively be powered by wind energy or solar power instead of electricity
- An air source heat pump can deliver heat at a lower temperature at -20 C compared to conventional oil and gas boilers
- You could potentially receive payments by producing your own heat through the UK’s Renewable Heat Incentive
- Can heat hot water for immediate or later use
- Save more on your next energy bill
- They have a long lifespan with proper care they can be operational for up to 20 years
- It only requires a few days to install air source heat pump
- They should be cleaned every few months and serviced by a technician once a year
- Provides cooling in the summer and heating in the winter
- No fuel storage is needed
- Efficient in summer due to high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER)
Installing An Air Source Heat Pump
Air source heat pumps can be installed with relative ease to the majority of homes in Glasgow. Properties which already have solar water heating systems allows the property to have a fully inclusive renewable heating and hot water system.
Once your air source heat pump is installed, it becomes fully automatic to the property’s central heating and hot water circuit. When combined with existing renewable and sustainable home heating systems this can mean having a property that is less reliant on the grid and in some circumstances actually sell electricity back to the grid.
When thinking about installing an air source heat pump in Glasgow you should consider two main factors:
- Costs: The cost of installing an air source heat pump can range depending on the size of your property and it's heating requirements
- Insulation: Air source heating is highly useful if followed correctly. To have a high return in terms of saving from purchasing and using an air source heat pump it is important to have a well-insulated home, with especially loft insulation
Hopefully we have highlighted the potential of an air source heat pump in Glasgow and have shown why it is a great choice for households looking to efficiently manage energy usage and enjoy a better standard of overall comfort. Get in touch if you need advice about what you should do to take the next step and adopt renewable energy for your home or business.
Fill out your details in the form below, call us directly or email us and we will do our best to help you install your next generation renewable energy system.